The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Environmental and Infrastructure Service Department (EISD) has the following Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
Closing date; 12 April 2023
|DEPARTMENT:||Environmental and Infrastructure Service|
|DESIGNATION:||Internship: Finance Officer|
- (Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R9 043,21 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
- (Enrolled as a student): R3 500,00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: Traduna House, 118 Jorissen Street, Braamfontein
- Grade 12/NQF level 4 plus National Diploma (NQF 6) in Finance;
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
- An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training.
The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
- This internship opportunity is applicable to youth in the Johannesburg communities, who qualifies for this internship and have never participated in an internship programme before.
- This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community for a period not exceeding 18 months
- Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
- Applicants are advised to use Google Chrome when applying for CoJ positions.
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
Assist the EISD to control their key performance and result indicators so their assets are reported accurately and ensure SCM budget and accounting compliance are effectively and efficiently addressed in order to conform to the requirements of the Municipal Finance Management Act and related Acts and the City’s financial strategies and policies.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Maintain a computerized asset register by means of the SAP financial system;
- Control the implementation f specific procedures, systems and controls associated with key functional areas embodied in the EISD.
- Computer literacy including MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- High level of confidentiality and organisational skills;
- Time Management, working independently, under pressure, and ability to prioritise.
- Sound numerical ability.
- Good time management skills;
- Creative problem-solving.
- Good multi-tasking skills;
- Collaborative/Teamwork, Values and Integrity, Attention to detail, and quality focused;
- Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, Professionalism.
|Contact Person:||Revonal Mckenzie|
|Tel No:||(011) 082 7999|
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the link buttons at the bottom of this article.
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, 12 APRIL 2023
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
In terms of the Talent Acquisition Policy of the City of Johannesburg, you hereby consent to the following risk checks should your application be shortlisted: Credit Record, CV validation and Employment record verification, Criminal check, and Identity validation.